c

Friday, June 14, 2013

Love Like Him

Let me just start by saying that we serve an awesome God! I am so blessed to be a part of His work here in southern Mexico.

We started in our villages this week. We are getting aquainted with the culture there, and starting to build some great relationships. Our mission this week was to pass out fliers for the sports camp this coming week. It was a great foot in the door to meet the people we will be getting close with this summer. I am amazed by the Holy Spirit. Although none of us in my village group speak fluent Spanish, God truly used the Spanish we have to carry on some great conversations. Without Him, we would have been useless.

We met a lady in our smaller village who quickly became one of our great new friends. She was so helpful in showing us where certain people live, and introducing us all around. We met a woman who instantly offered to show us how to make "real" tortillas. Yum! However, we figured out when we came back the next day and tried, that it is not easy. It is a divine art.

On the second day in the villages, the same day as tortilla making, we met some women in the bigger village. We are very excited to see the relationships to come there. We ended the day with a hike to the top of the hill at the smaller villages. Some of the children lead us up so that we could see God's beautiful creation from high above. It was breathtaking! I was reminded that God created it all, including each individual and unique person. How simple, but amazing is that!

It is so easy to get caught up in the differences between people. However, we are ALL created in the image of God. Whether we are believers or not, we are still created in God's image. Therefore, I am reminded daily to look past any differences or first impressions, and to love each and every person as Jesus would. We are called to love, and in the way that Jesus loves, sacrifically and unconditionally. As I continue on my journey that God has given me,I challenge you and pray that I always walk in the way of love, never forgetting that Christ is my example.

In Him,
Alex Kate

"Keep company with Him, and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious, but extravogant. He did not love in order to get something from us, but to give everything of Himself to us. Love like that!"   - Ephesians 5:2

1 comment:

  1. Hey kiddo...it was really great to "see" and talk with you yesterday. Hope you had a great day today. In case you forgot it, the verse I gave you was Proverbs 31:29-30. I love you, Dad.

    ReplyDelete